Location: Saint Louis, MO
Local candidates only please
Mid-size company with a great reputation in the St. Louis area is seeking a professional that enjoys wearing many different hats. This position is a mix of accounting, office support and human resources.
The Office Manager is a shared administrative resource and will provide support to multiple departments. This position will need to be well-organized, professional, reliable, comfortable handling confidential and sensitive information, and able to work under limited supervision. The Office Manager will be responsible for daily operations within Accounting/Payroll, Human Resources, and Office Management.
• Responsible for biweekly payroll, including all benefit transactions, 401k transactions, and payroll taxes.
• Responsible for all accounts payable, bank deposits, and journal entries.
• Receives and verifies expense reports for approvals and payments. Responsible for managing the American Express Corporate Card Program.
• Manage payments of Board-related fees, interacting with family Board Members regarding payment of board meeting expenses.
• Property and casualty insurance oversight, processes, and compliance.
• Responsible for tracking and submitting charitable contributions for payments and the tracking of professional fees with external vendors.
• Track executive 401k deduction percentages for compliance to ERISA maximum rules.
Office Management/Administrative Support
• Manage multiple calendars for Leadership Team, including scheduling meetings and appointments.
• Coordinate with Building Management on office matters, including office space, parking, HVAC, and other building/office issues that may occur.
• Prepare Board materials and monthly reports, including management of confidential Board portal.
• Communicate frequently with other leaders, employees, board members and outside vendors.
• Plan and organize logistics, including hotel, airfare, catering, and other organizational needs for board meetings and other company-wide and community engagement events.
• Maintains the overall office cleanliness and office supply inventory. Orders additional supplies as necessary, including snacks/other vending.
• Screen, prioritize, and direct incoming calls, email, and visitors taking appropriate actions as necessary.
• Collects, distributes, and sends mail and other packages.
• Ensures the efficient operation of all office equipment, arranges for routine and necessary maintenance as needed.
• Responsible for supporting the administration of the Deferred Compensation Plan.
• Process pension letters for board members and communicate to external vendor.
• Send correspondence on scholarship program, prepare applications for scholarship committee, arrange scholarship events and track recipients for payment of scholarships.
• Support HR & Total Rewards with wellness communications and plan administration.
• Serve as an administrator for HR system; assist users with access requests, run reports, enter data, backup HR team on data entry; must be able to discreetly and competently manage access to confidential information.
• Manage Confidentiality, Incentive and other employment related agreements and participant communications. Prepares, forwards, monitors and files the agreements in shared directory.
• Organizes special events such as employee meetings, United Way campaign, holiday parties, service awards, and community service events.
• Maintain organizational charts and other presentation materials.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or communications strongly preferred.
• 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role.
• Must have exceptional attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
• Must be a self-starter and driven.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
• Must be proficient with all Microsoft Office products.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in Word format, as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)